Join us April 22 & 23, 2017 for the 7th annual Ormond Beach Celtic Festival at the Casements, Rockefeller Gardens and Fortunato Park!
Enjoy a unique and colorful weekend of music, dancing food and good old Celtic Festival fun right by the river.
See our Parking Map below
The gates open at 10 am on April 22nd for two days of music, food and fun at Rockefeller Gardens and Fortunato Park. On the south side of the Granada bridge festival goers will find 3 stages of continuous music, a jam tent, Celtic food, crafts and jewelry and, of course, plenty of Guinness. More than 20 bands as well two Celtic dance troupes from the United States, Canada and the British Isles will appear throughout the weekend. Admission is $5 each day for adults. Children under 12 are free and there’s plenty of free parking.
Fortunato Park, on the north side of the bridge, is home to the Highland Games and Sunday sheep herding demonstrations as well as a party tent sponsored by Southern Stone Communications featuring more bands and a beer garden. The Games are sanctioned by the North American Scottish Games Athletics organization and attract more than 50 male and female athletes from around the region to throw the caber, the hammer or the stone put.
The Festival also includes an event sure to please food lovers – the Shortbread Competition takes place on Saturday morning with 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes for both traditional and modern shortbreads. The grand prize is a $200 gift basket from Kerrygold USA. Bakers should visit www.ormondbeachcelticfestival.com/shortbread.html for rules and an application.
In addition to all the music on stage there is a twice-daily parade by the Festival’s award-winning bagpipe band, Rosy O’Grady’s Highlanders, and a daily parade by all the attending Clans. If your dog is an Irish setter, a Welsh corgi or a Scottie dog – or you just want to dress your pup in plaid – be sure to visit the Festival on Sunday for the dog parade. Dogs can be entered in the parade by making a contribution of dog food or cash and there will be prizes for the best-dressed dog. Proceeds from the entries will go to the Halifax Humane Society and ARNI.
Visit our Celtic vendors and food stalls in the Celtic Village. Relax with a pint of Guinness along the beautiful Halifax River. Get your own kilt. Play a game. Discover your inner Celt. Meet a falcon. Take home something beautiful. Experience the Ormond Beach Celtic Festival!
2017 Ormond Beach Celtic Festival Quick Facts:
Festival Hours: Saturday, April 22, 10 am – 7 pm;
Sunday, April 23, 11 am – 5 pm
Address: Rockefeller Gardens & Fortunato Park
26 Riverside Dr., Ormond Beach, FL
Festival website: www.ormondbeachcelticfestival.com. Updated daily schedules available
Tickets: Adults-$5/Children under 12 – free.
Free parking, remote parking at City Hall, free shuttle service.
- Musicians and dancers from the United States, Canada and the British Isles fill 5 stages with continuous music from more than 20 bands.
- The Jam tent and workshops are free and open to anyone who wishes to participate.
Highland Games –
- Saturday 10 am – 4:30 pm – Advanced NASGA sanctioned competition in Caber Toss, Braemar Stone, Scottish Hammer, Sheaf Toss, Weight for Height and Weight for Distance.
- Sunday 10 am – 2:30 pm Competition for beginners, workshops and demonstrations
- Daily performances by Irish step dancers and Scottish Country dancers
- Saturday – 5:30 pm “Ceilidh”. This dance party and workshop with live musicians will teach you all you need to know to start stepping out in the Celtic fashion.
- Learn more about Celtic heritage in clan tents featuring history and culture
- Clan Challenge Games – darts, tug of war, corn hole and more
- Kirkin’ o’ the Tartan church service Sunday
- Little Miss and Little Mister Celtic Festival Competition – 11 AM Saturday
- Daily clan parade led by Rosie O’Grady’s Highlanders
- Sunday – 2:40 pm – Dog parade and costume competition
Shortbread Competition – Saturday 4/16
- 10 am – 11 am Entries must be submitted at the Ormond Beach MainStreet tent.
- 11:30 am – Judging
- 1 pm – Prize announcement
Kids Zone –
- Face painters
Get more information and daily schedules at www.ormondbeachcelticfestival.com
See 2017 Vendor Rules and Regulations here.
See the Vendor Application here.